Saturday, April 24, 2010

I.A.C.P. (International Association of Culinary Professionals)


Last Thursday I had the honor of being invited, along with Gwydion Stone/Absinthe Marteau, to showcase our absinthes at the I.A.C.P Conference 2010 in Portland, Oregon. The I.A.C.P. Conference provided an "Absinthe Salon" for attendees to sample traditionally distilled absinthe in the classic French manner. I had a great time being able to speak with so many culinary professionals and culinary writers. An opportunity was had for us to help dispell some myths regarding absinthe and inform the attendees as to what goes into making and how to enjoy a traditional, distilled absinthe (we also sneaked in some Voyager Gin to sample). From the many, many positive comments regarding Pacifique Absinthe and Voyager Gin, I was most gratified at how these culinary professionals appreciated Pacific Distillery's traditional approach to spirit making and our products.


No comments: